Could  be KFJ, i as a beginner photographer find the show seam option very
handful!!could it be possible for hugin to include more options in the
masking area to overcome this??as you mentioned since hugin uses enblend the
show seam option would be influenced by how enblend works too, maybe using
an external library or a new built in tool in the masking options could be
useful...

Im thinking how about bringing in area selection tools to be used with the
masking funcitions??such as rectangle select, free hand style selection
tools??