Hi all,

the tracker is still recovering from the migration and there are still a lot
of moving parts. nevertheless, we are down to 269 open reports (from initially
around 400); only one of them has not yet been triaged, and new reports are
coming in like before.  The triage may not be perfect, but it is good enough
and will be refined as we go along.

IMPORTANCE

I would like to use the 'critical' importance only for tickets affecting the
next release (the next tarball in the current release cycle, not the next
release cycle itself.  of course if the current release cycle is just ending,
it will be the first tarball of the next release cycle).

What is marked 'critical' will change depending on where we are in the release
cycle.  Toward the end of the release cycle, only small, cosmetic changes +
translations will be marked critical; while in between release cycles issues
that may need more attention/work can be qualified as critical.  The goal is
to indicate to developers / bug hunters where the project would most benefit
of their contribution at the present time.

Normally, valid tickets will be qualified of 'Wishlist' if they represent a
feature request / new/extended functionality; and of either
'Low'/'Medium'/'High' importance if they report malfuction of existing
functionality.

Users can vote on how important a ticket is for them with the "Affects me too"
button, visible to logged in users.

STATUS

When making an addition to a report marked as incomplete, please change its
status to 'New' so that it will get the necessary attention.

If you want to work the tracker, look at reports with 'New' status.  If can,
'Confirm' the report, or at least mark it as 'Triaged' to mean that somebody
more expert than you should give it a second look.  If you request more
information from the reporter, mark it as 'Incomplete'.

Developers will set to 'Fix Released' or 'Fix Committed' after they have
worked on the ticket.  They can assign the ticket to themselves to indicate to
others that they are working on it, and also use the status 'In Progress' if
they want.

DUPLICATE AND QUESTIONS

If you find that this is a duplicate report, use the 'Mark as duplicate'
function on the right hand side of the screen.

If the report is not a bug but rather a frequently asked question, consider
using the 'Convert to a quesion' function on the right hand side of the
screen.

Thank you to everybody who is contributing to make the new tracker a success
and helping the project prioritize / plan the work.

Yuv