Ok, just found a strange seg fault that I can reproduce.  I'm running
2010.5.0.5d4a82df7d8c.  Here's what I do that will reproduce it:

Start up hugin with a project, open the Fast Preview Window.  Make
sure the Overview button is set to Hide.  If it's not set to Hide, set
it to Hide and exit hugin.  Restart hugin with the project file.  Open
the Fast Preview Window (now the Overview will start hidden).
Clicking any of the tabs at the top (Layout, Projection, etc) will seg
fault hugin.  But, if you Show the Overview first, then the tabs work
correctly and then you can hide the overview and the tabs work also.
It's only when it first starts in Hidden and you try to select a tab
that it seg faults.