On Sun 16-Jan-2011 at 14:37 -0800, Tom Sharpless wrote:
On Jan 12, 1:35 pm, Bruno Postle <br...@postle.net> wrote:

Hugin can import ptgui .pts files and save them as Hugin .pto
projects, though if you have any cropped photos in the project you
will need to fiddle with the crop and reoptimise.

When I give it a PTS file from PTGui 9, my copy of 2010.2 (Win32)
displays the lens type and number of control points, then crashes
(loops forever)  apparently while trying to load images.  My guess it
that this has to do with PTGui's "dummy image", that is used as a
reference for common parameters, but has no file name.

I don't have PTGui, but I have seen recent reports that this function still works. The dummy image always existed in PTGui .pts projects, so this isn't likely to be the cause of the problem.

If you have some .pts files that fail then it would useful to attach them to a bug report in launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin

--
Bruno