I would guess that the error is because it's looking here

http://ppa.launchpad.net/hugin/nightly/ubuntu/dists/karmic/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz

(404)

but it should be looking here instead ?
http://ppa.launchpad.net/hugin/nightly/ubuntu/dists/natty/main/binary-amd64/Packages.gz

But that's only my guess, and I don't know how to solve it anyway.... :-P