Hi

My first post about this interesting Hugin software.  I am trying to use the
software to combine a picture of a snowboarder jumping.  I am very impressed
with the way it stiches the sky and scenery together.

The backdrop is a mountain range ( the matterhorn) and their are 5 source
photos as the snow boarder moved through the air

If I do not use any masks then the snowboarder is only seen in the first and
last shot

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_BWN4_FtsiKU/TUjYQnITcFI/AAAAAAAABag/V2DHdU7Egm4/panarama1_s.jpg>

I am trying to use masks to "include" the snowboarder in each shot, but when
I do, where there is interference between the snow boarder I get "black
empty spots" even when I crop really close to the subject

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_BWN4_FtsiKU/TUjZkxNTEwI/AAAAAAAABak/kdEKhgltX9c/panarama3.jpg>

Can anyone advise hope I can remediate this?

I can do this another way using the Hugin backdrop in the first example
above and and using photoshop to cut and paste the snowboarder into the
scene, but I thought I'd ask if it should be possible to do this with the
hugin software alone.

If you need the source files they are here

https://docs.google.com/a/pipandpete.com/leaf?id=0Bz8rM5S1ZEu2NGViNmFhNjAtNmUzZi00YTE5LTljZjgtNjAwYWEwMmE0NDcz&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

thoughts greatly appreciated - like am I using the wrong tool for the job
:-)