On Mon 14-Feb-2011 at 15:11 -0800, Paperaussie wrote:
I noticed that Exposure Correction does a better job in the preview
window in version 2009.4.0 than in 2010.4.0.

2010.4.0 applies correction but there are still obvious steps at the
corners of images which I do not experience in 2009.4.0. I use the
same parameters in both versions but the outcome in the Preview window
look notably different. The final output is okay though.

Any ideas why 2010.4.0 results are not as smooth?

Newer Hugin has an OpenGL accelerated 'Fast Peview window'. By default most of the photometric adjustments, except for a simple exposure adjustment, are now disabled to speed things up. Does it look better if you select the 'Photometrics' checkbox in the preview?

Perhaps we should enable this by default, since we now have incremental display of photos and the slowdown isn't so problematic.

--
Bruno