On Sat 26-Feb-2011 at 00:29 -0800, Martin Terblanche wrote:
I'm doing a project where I'm building a motorized head which will save all the positions to a log file. I want to automate the entire process of creating a panorama in Hugin.

So i'm basically doing exactly the same thing as Bruno. I want to use a log file to help Hugin to place photos in areas with no control points. It seems like Papy wizard can create such a file (xml) and APP can then use this. But APP is expensive and I would like to use Hugin.

Papywizard is open source, so it would be a good choice for controlling your panoramic head.

Would you set the y,p,r of all the photos and then run the optimizer, all in a script? What train of thought must I follow here :)

Unfortunately (as mentioned elsewhere in this thread) you can place the photos according to a log file, but photos move around as soon as you optimise, so you lose any benefit of aligning them beforehand.

--
Bruno