On 17 Mrz., 10:58, David Haberthür <david.haberth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The applications for the OpenUsability Season is open until the end of
> march. No others got back to this thread with suggestions and support.
> This leaves me wondering if we should apply for a project there. As I
> mentioned before, the OpenUsabilty application seems to be "easier"
> than for GSoC. Did you look through the application and could you
> suggest someone as a mentor?

I can't propose anyone as mentor, and I can't offer to do it myself -
I'm too busy trying to get the Python interface off the ground, and
summer is approaching, so I'll be off(line) for extended periods. In
fact I could use a mentor - how about an experienced wxWidgets
programmer who can help sort out the current troubles with plugins
wanting do GUI stuff on Windows - or an experienced Mac programmer who
can compile a working Python module on the zoo of feline predators...

I'm quite new to the project as well and don't know any of the other
contributors personally, so I have no idea what they might be able or
willing to do.

> I guess we could just
> usehttps://blueprints.launchpad.net/hugin/+spec/ui-overhaulas an idea
> for the student project.

If you feel it states what needs to be done I can't see why not. But
don't count on me to do more than writing the blueprint. Let me add a
word of caution. I feel that a lot of everyone's time is consumed by
intergrating new features into hugin and hammering out frequent
releases. Are we sure we can make good use of yet another source of
material? What would the result of the process be and how expensive
would it be to integrate it? If noone else comes forward and you can't
think of anyone, we might be better off shelving the idea, rather than
potentially getting another fat lump of data to swallow that noone's
willing to digest.

Kay