I'm having problems with enblend spinning when attempting to merge a
large cylindrical panorama, consisting of 21 stacks of three images
each.  I got the images all aligned and was initially able to produce
some 'proof' stitches using either 'Exposure fused from stacks' or
'Exposure fused from any arrangement' + 'Blended layers of similar
exposure, without exposure correction'.

Because of people and other moving objects near the equator of the
panorama I added a substantial number of masks (mostly 'Exclude
region', with a few 'Include region' or 'Include region from stack').
There are about 270 masks in all, with typically 4-20 vertexes each.
After doing this (and adjusting some control points and re-optimising
the image alignments) I began having trouble with enblend hanging.

It's not totally consistent - sometimes it seems to run successfully -
but typically when I use 'Exposure fused from any arrangement' +
'Blended layers of similar exposure, without exposure correction' is
will get stuck part way through creating the first blended exposure
layer.  I've also seen it hang while attempting to enblend the fused
stacks for 'Exposure fused from stacks'.  It seems to manage to read
in many but not necessarily all of the nona-remapped input files and
then starts spinning, using ~80% of one (of four) CPUs.  I've left it
this way overnight, to find that it's used 10h of CPU time and not
made any apparent progress.  (When it does work, it normally only
needs a few minutes per layer at most.)

Restarting Hugin does not appear to help (it will hang in the same
place - yay for determinism), but after making some changes to the
output options, control points, masks and image alignment it may work
(but then after more adjustments may stop working again).

Details:

MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz Core i7, 4GB RAM.
Mac OS X 10.6.6.
Hugin 2010.4.0.
enblend 4.0-753b534c819d.

Input files are 63 * 3008x2000 JPEG images (~1.4 MB each) remapped by
nona.
Expected output is one or more 14914×3941 TIFF images (~145 MB each).

N.B.: because not all of the masks are exactly right yet there are
some cases where there are holes in the image due to overlaps.  I note
that sometimes these actually appear in the 'Blended layers of similar
exposure' output as solid black rather than transparent.  (Of course,
they only appear black in this output when enfuse *doesn't* hang, so
this may be quite irrelevant.)

I can try to gather more information about what's going on if that
would be useful.  Please let me know what information would be most
useful.  I did not build this myself and don't currently have Xcode
installed, but could do so if necessary.