> Hello Yuv,
> I'm not yet convinced it's a good thing to do at this point in time.
> Still the users would have to manually apply several patches to VIGRA
> unless there's a public clone of VIGRA with changes applied so
> applying one more patch doesn't really hurt anything.
>
> I plan to send the patches upstream on Thursday or Friday, so we may
> find out whether the changes to hugin doesn't go in vain quite soon.
>
> Lukas

The changes to VIGRA were all accepted upstream. I pushed the branch
system_vigra which contains the changes necessary to use the system
wide installation of VIGRA. It needs the VIGRA from the VIGRA
mercurial repository [1] to compile.

At this point everything works with the exception of hugin_hdrmerge.
Hugin_hdrmerge depends on some of the VIGRA internals and I'm not sure
how to fix it. Also I had to remove the use of ImageCache in the
deghosting implementation.

Enjoy,
Lukas

[1] http://www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~meine/hg/vigra