My name is Lukasz Maliszewski. I am a last year Informatics student
from the Technical University of Gdansk in Poland, Faculty of
Electronics, Telecommunications and Informatics.

My GsoC proposal:

My idea is to implenet Thin Plate spline.

Thin Plate Spline lets to deform image in an unlimited way. We
describe how we want to bend an image by defining set of control
points and their destination positions. The algorithm bends an image
in a way that the control points are moved to the desired positions.

The big advantage of the algorithm is that the Image after
transformation looks very natural. Example can be seen here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13127408/koala.jpg

I think that such functionality would be useful for panorama
application. It is quite often that the component images are deformed
and control points do not overlaps. Thin plate spline could bend image
in the most natural way so that the control points would overlap.

I have submitted this proposal on GSoC site.
I am aware that my proposition is incomplete and it is very late for
GSoC proposal but let me know if such functionality is desired by You.

Best Regards,

Lukasz Maliszewski

Computer Science,

Technical University of Gdansk in Poland.