Hello everybody,

first I want to say thank you to all the people working on hugin, it's
a great program that I use a lot.
The problem is that I recently built a panorama-roboter with
fischertechnik, and after a test run I tried to build the panorama
with hugin. I used cpfind in multirow mode to create the control
points.
Opening the panorama, showing the preview is of course slower, but
reasonably so.
However if I try to disable or enable single images in the preview
window, or when I try to disable parameters in the optimizer tab hugin
hangs busy for tens of second for every single action I do. I did a
debug build of hugin and started to do some profiling with oprofile,
and it seems to spend 99% of its time in
HuginBase::ImageVariable<hugin_utils::TDiff2D<double>
>::searchForwards(HuginBase::ImageVariable<hugin_utils::TDiff2D<double>
> const*) const
in the api documentation there is a comment about the ImageVariable
stuff being slow, so is there a chance of speeding this up?