Hoi Harry,

On May 24, 2011 04:37:17 pm Harry van der Wolf wrote:
> > Harry: do you (still)
> > want to be the one declaring this upcoming RC2 final?
>
> To be honest: I don't care, not in a positive way nor in a negative way.
> I'm willing to do it if you are in a time squeeze or just want to hand
> over tasks to other persons, especially to spread the knowledge of this
> process a little more so that more people can perform this release task in
> the future. As such I'm willing to do it.

The reason why I am asking you is because I know that you and the Mac users
community are working on a fix for the critical issue affecting Hugin on some
OSX systems.  I feel it is your call to make because you are the group of
people affected by that issue.  You have the option to extend the release
cycle until the issue is solved, or to call it a day and leave it as a "known
issue" for the next cycle.  You are the one in the best position to judge.

> Being on a business trip means that I can't currently build a new bundle

Understand.  No time pressure.  The release cycle has anyway extended beyond
the schedule.

> If you want to release earlier please go ahead. Otherwise I will look into
> the matter.

As you want.  You choose.  This weekend I intend to make and propose a
tentative schedule for the 2011.2 release cycle.  I can imagine multiple
scenarios for 2011.0:
- it can be declared final as-is
- it can be dropped all together as unfinished
- it can be kept in RC status until the critical OSX issue is fixed in
parallel with the 2011.2 release cycle

The thing I really care about is moving forward to 2011.2.

Yuv