Apologies if this is a duplicate, but my earlier message doesn't seem
to have made it after 15 hours.

I've read the current thread on "registering" images with some
interest but not much understanding.  I think that my issue is
similar, but to avoid muddying the waters, I'm starting a separate
thread.

I'm trying to create time-lapse images according to the instructions
at http://wiki.panotools.org/Align_a_stack_of_photos .  That doesn't
work, possibly because hugin has changed since then: the 'g' command
gives me no control points whatsoever.  So I selected "Create control
points" from the Images window and got a very bad fit.

The three images in question were all taken from a tripod which wasn't
moved during the time between them (about 20 minutes).  The problem
appears to be that I accidentally changed the focal length of the lens
between the first image and the other two.  Clearly I need to scale
the images to the same size.

According to the instructions, this shouldn't be an issue, but I can't
see a way of telling any of the component programs the focal length of
each image.  Is there a way to do so?  Or is there another way?  This
was supposed to be a "simple" test before I attacked something bigger,
so a solution just for this case isn't of much help.

There's more description, including the images, at
http://www.lemis.com/grog/diary-mar2011.php#time-lapse
The resultant images are shown in the diary entry mentioned above.
The original ones are at:

 http://www.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20110330/tiny/Verandah-before.jpeg
 http://www.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20110330/tiny/Verandah-during.jpeg
 http://www.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20110330/tiny/Verandah-after.jpeg

Bigger versions are available at
http://wwww.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20110330/small/Verandah-before.jpeg
and
http://wwww.lemis.com/grog/Photos/20110330/big/Verandah-before.jpeg ,
etc.  These images are also shown on the diary page in the preceding
entry (http://www.lemis.com/grog/diary-mar2011.php#D30-1).

This is Hugin 2011.0.0.0f9fdaf56720 running on FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE.

Greg
--
Finger g...@freebsd.org for PGP public key.
This message is digitally signed.  See