On 27 Jul., 10:16, Jeffrey Martin <360cit...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Kay,
>
> do you have any examples of images we can see (before / after) showing that
> this really works? i'd love to see that :)

Mysterious... here you've dug out a resopnse to a thread I made in
May. And lo and behold, calling enfuse --help just now the options I
quoted aren't there. That took me some figuring out, but I think I
know what happened. I was using a bleeding edge version of enfuse
then, but it had a bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/enblend/+bug/787387

So I reverted to an older version, and I suppose that one hasn't got
the --exposure-cutoff parameter, even though it makes great sense. So
currently, this is just theory and I've got nothing to show
demonstrating the efficacy of this option.

But I trust it - after all enfuse's statistics are very
straightforward. It's just that a cutoff may cause a discontinuity
which becomes visible if the step is too large, so cutoffs have to be
treated with caution. If the desired effect can be achieved by
tweaking mu and sigma, there are no discontinuities in the weighting
functions. If using a cutoff is considered, additionally tweaking mu
and sigma may lessen the discontinuity's magnitude.

Kay