On July 27, 2011 02:18:10 pm Vaclav Cerny - vatoz wrote:
> I have also found, that my  Czech translation update from default
> branch (  723668d8c4cc ) wasn't one of them.  2011.2  with copy of
> file from default branch will be fully translated and compilable/
> installable/runnable.

Sorry, this was an oversight.  All other translations came in via the tracker
[0].

> I can commit it to 2011.2 branch

Yes please do.  In general, I do not move strings or translation from the
default branch to the release branch.  If you are sure of your PO file, please
commit it to both branches in the future.  If you are not sure, do what most
translators do and attach the file to a tracker ticket.

> I am not sure, if it is a right
> thing to bypass our release manager in time between release
> candidates.

Use your judgment.

As a general rule: look at the last commit to the release branch.

If it is tagged RC, adding another commit to that branch means forcing an
extra release cycle.  That's something you want to discuss with the release
manager indeed.  Maybe he is just counting down the hours until he can declare
the RC final and open that can of cold beer and you might be interfering with
that plan.

If it is not tagged RC, as it is now, adding another commit to the branch does
not change much.  Translations and bug fixes are welcome.  New strings and new
features are not.  Raise a discussion only if you need to add new strings /
new features.

The current status of the 2011.2 release is that it is suspended.  There will
be an RC3.  I do not know when.  2011.2 is plagued by a nasty bug and there is
no prediction how fast it can be fixed, if it is fixable.  By now even I agree
that it is a show stopper.  We have hit the limit of "release early release
often".

Yuv

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/hugin