In my town we have a nice high street. Like most
high streets (in the UK) it's a good deal longer
than it is wide (!!).

I would like to make an image of all the shop fronts;
however, if I took a normal panorama, I simply can't get
enough distance to make a sensible/pleasing image.

If I make a mosaic panorama, the perspective
of individual shops will be wrecked (doorways,
corbels, etc) are deeper than the murals
that are the typical subject of a mosaic.

I think I need some kind of (dimly remembered)
line scan process, so that a large number of "micro"
photographs, all perfectly perpendicular to
the overall line of the frontage.

Can anyone either describe suitable techniques,
or point me at samples, examples, tutorials,
discussions etc?

Oh - my equipment is minimal, and liable to
stay that way.

 BugBear