I took a few photos of a trail/steps up a mountain that I want to
stitch together.  I thought I could simply use the Hugin defaults to
stitch, same as with some panoramas I took on the same day.  The
result (shown in the fast preview window when it worked) was a strange
shape.  I assume I need to use a different setting/algorithm for
stitching photos that are vertical due to different perspective.

What settings are recommended for this application?

Hugin hangs now with Fast Preview on, so it is more time consuming to
try a bunch of different settings.  Something to at least start with
would be helpful.

Thank you.

Adrian