On August 21, 2011 12:39:33 AM Jeff wrote:
> I had the same problem trying to compile Hugin after being away from it for
> a couple months (see
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/hugin-ptx/Q-KrS38SJ_Y). I'm glad to
> see others trying to compile for Windows as well.

Sorry for this.  I made the change [0] to introduce UI functionality requested
by users [1] [2].  It worked for me in Ubuntu so I assumed it was OK to
contribute it.  I do not have access to a Windows development environment and
could not test.

> The offending line is 604 in Batch.cpp. I simply commented it out and
> Hugin compiles.

Thanks for the feedback.  Another user reported a possible fix - rearranging
the headers [3].

> Wish I had more time to devote to this project and hunting down bugs....

Unforunately the person who did have time to address this forgot that "We are
tolerant of the occasional break, which is understood to be a work in
progress, where people can make mistakes. We don't blame for breaks, we just
fix them." [4]

The only thing he could come up with what to remove the new functionality [5],
simply because in his rigid and narrow view of the world it has no place to
exist.

Great team spirit!
Yuv

[0] http://hugin.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/hugin/hugin/rev/04e6287fb38a