On Sat 03-Sep-2011 at 17:13 +0200, Thomas Pryds wrote:

I've been searching the web and found a lot of resources on finding the
no-parallax point of a camera/lens and on pano heads and weights on strings
to help rotate the camera around this point. One question I didn't find an
answer to, though: If you're using a zoom lens, does zooming move the
no-parallax point?

Usually yes, zooming will move the no-parallax point.

You can see this by looking at the lens from outside, the no-parallax point is where the aperture appears to be when you look into the lens from the front. If zooming (or even focusing) moves the apparent position of the aperture then you want to adjust the pano-head for each setting.

--
Bruno