Hi Bruno,
   Wouldn't it make sense for cpfind to implement a few other
heuristics?   I'm thinking that when multirow fails or ends up with a
disconnected image or set of images, that it should fall back to
exhaustive cross-checking to find any matches possible to connect the
image.   That would make it work fast in the common case, but
transparently (albeit a bit more slowly) give expected results if
there's an irregular capture pattern.   Another somewhat more complex
heuristic would be to also query a geometric model of initial cross-
matches to infer other potential overlaps and cross-check those.  I
suspect that many users use the defaults and are unlikely to invest
the time to drill down and change command line options to cpfind.

On a slightly separate issue, it also appears that there is no easy
way to specify which photos of a stack are used by cpfind when doing
HDR panos with a separate stack aligner - even reordering them in
Hugin doesn't seem to affect this.  Depending on the auto-bracketting
(or errors during capture), the first picture of each group may not be
the best exposure for control point extraction.

Brent