On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 09:00:16AM +0200, Harry van der Wolf wrote:
> > enfuse: error: OJPEG encoding not supported; use new-style JPEG

> The weird thing is that it mentions that it encounters a wrong jpeg
> compression in a tiff file.
> - Tiffs don't use jpeg compression (wrong enfuse error?)

Tiff don't use JPG compression? Where did you get that idea???

Tiff is a file format that allows a sequence of tagged blobs (blob=
bunch of binary data). Usually one is an Image blob, and the
compression mode can be specified. Several compression methods are
available, like none, lzw, rle and jpeg.

Anyway.... it isn't complaining about jpeg compression in the tiff
file.

You get this message when you're running the wrong headers in
combination with the wrong library.

The program tries to specify
        COMPRESSION_LZW
which was defined as
        #define COMPRESSION_LZW 4
in one version of the library, but the new version has:
        #define COMPRESSION_OJPEG 4
in the header. So the library interprets the passed value wrong.

(I made up the symbols and values in the above example, but it's
something like that.)

Anyway, the program is /using/ a different TIFF library from the
headers it was compiled against.

        Roger.

--
** r.e.wo...@bitwizard.nl ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **