Hi Jorge,

I'm not sure why you haven't thought of this, but Flickr really is a good
source if you need images to experiment with, for instance by searching for
"equirectangular" (these are spherical images) [0].
Equirectangular images can be converted to cubic faces using e.g. Panotools
Script [1]. For instructions see [2] (which mentions an older version but
it still works the same).

Good luck and be sure to post back whenever you have a viewable result.

[0] http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=equirectangular
[1] http://search.cpan.org/~bpostle/Panotools-Script-0.26/
[2]
http://vinayhacks.blogspot.com/2010/11/converting-equirectangular-panorama-to.html