Hi all,

I 'd like to put this suggestion up for discussion:

Add a "Learn" tab to hugin.

There is no doubt that learning hugin can be a challenge.

Part of it is that creating a panorama means shooting first and then
processing images with hugin.
I think we loose a lot of new users with this two-step approach.

Beginners usually mess up their footage until they know better.
Messed up footage gives the impression hugin "does not work" or is very
hard to use to say the least.

This is while other panorama programs have something like a "fully
automatic mode" to give results quick.
hugin tries to follow this approach with the Assistant tab.

What the "Learn" tab should have:
A few screen videos explaining how to operate hugin to create
- a single row panorama.
- a multi-row panorama.
etc.

Links to download the images used with the videos.
Links to tutorial pages with screenshots and text from the videos to follow
step-by-step.

Last but not least we should explain how to shoot own footage properly.

What do you think?

Jan

P.S.:
There are tutorials at
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/tutorials/index.shtml
Suggested workflow is: First shoot, then stitch.