On Mon, 28 May 2012 23:38:16 -1000, Gnome Nomad wrote:
> Actually, Flash and Java work just fine in FF10. I personally think the real
> reason behind the "plug-in free" push is Apple and Microsoft trying to wound
> thorns in their side called Adobe and Oracle/Sun. Javascript is a clumsy
> replacement. And everybody seems to have passed on supporting SVG in browsers.
>
> So I guess implementing this one means sites have to provide it PLUS another
> panorama viewer, or rudely lock people out.

WebGL has its own problems.  For one, it doesn't seem to work for me at
all running Firefox 12 on Linux.  It also has the problem of giving
external content direct access to the graphics hardware.

--
Robert Krawitz                                     <r...@alum.mit.edu>

MIT VI-3 1987 - Congratulations MIT Engineers men's hoops Final Four!

--Eric Crampton