The image alway shows what the output image will look like. (For speed
reasons it is not perfect.)
So if you move it  (or parts of it) it does affect the output image.

You can move the globe with the mouse. You need to grab beside the globe,
not the globe itself.
Moving the globe does not affect the output image.

We really need some screen video for hugin.

Jan