erect2cubic might help here:

erect2cubic
Takes an equirectangular image and produces a .pto file suitable for
extracting six cube faces.

Usage:
   /usr/local/bin/erect2cubic --erect=myerectangular.tif --ptofile=cubic.pto

   --filespec (panotools format, defaults to 'TIFF_m')
   --roll     (degrees)
   --pitch    (degrees, use -90 if nadir is in centre)
   --yaw      (degrees, adjust position of first cubeface)
   --face     (cubeface size in pixels, defaults to optimum)