Hi,
I'm running into the "An error happened while loading image : caught
exception: bad allocation" problem that I see other people have reported.
Here is a detailed description of how to reproduce the problem so that it
may be fixed.

I am running windows 7 64 bit with 16 gig of ram of which 10 gig is free.
Here is a screenshot of task manager to show how much memory is available.

http://postimage.org/image/tbbhqm1bx/

I am able to stitch together 7 images without problem. When I try to do
much more than that, it gives the errors I've pasted in below.

BTW it was very difficult to get this log because I have to right click in
the window, select 'select all', then right click again and quickly select
'copy' before it had processed the next file, otherwise it cleared the
selection and nothing was copied to the clipboard.

It would be much easier to report errors if there was a way to open a
window with the error logs after the processing had completed. You'd
probably get better error reporting from users if such a feature existed.

Here is a link to the exact files I'm trying to stitch together:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9vsyke

Here is an image of the final error it shows.

http://postimage.org/image/5kt5t1kph/

(BTW, I scaled the images down to 400 width and was able to get it to load
into the program, but stitching them together is taken an extremely long
time, probably an hour or more already. When stitching these together with
MS Composite Editor it completes in a few seconds. Here's what it's doing
on the smaller files:

Strategy 1
Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
after 1065 iteration(s):          14.3951989407992 units
Strategy 1
Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
after 1066 iteration(s):          14.3951989407992 units
Strategy 1
Average (rms) distance between Controlpoints
after 1067 iteration(s):          14.3951989407992 units)

Below are the errors from the log for the larger files it can't load at all:

---

Finding control points...
"C:/Program Files (x86)/Hugin/bin/icpfind" -o
"C:/Users/owner/AppData/Local/Temp/ha7956.tmp"
"C:/Users/owner/AppData/Local/Temp/ha7956.tmp"
Hugin's cpfind 2011.4.0.cf9be9344356 built by Matthew Petroff
based on Pan-o-matic by Anael Orlinski

Project contains the following images:
Image 0
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010782.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 1
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010783.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 2
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010784.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 3
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010785.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 4
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010786.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 5
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010787.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 6
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010788.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 7
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010789.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 8
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010790.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 9
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010791.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 10
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010792.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 11
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010793.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 12
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010794.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 13
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010795.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 14
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010796.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 15
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010797.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 16
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010798.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 17
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010799.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 18
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010800.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 19
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010801.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 20
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010802.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 21
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010803.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 22
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010804.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 23
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010805.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 24
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010806.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 25
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010807.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 26
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010808.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 27
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010809.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 28
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010810.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 29
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010811.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 30
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010812.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 31
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010813.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 32
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010814.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 33
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010815.JPG
  Remapped : no
Image 34
  Imagefile: E:\-\flashbulb-home\gh2\apartment\kit wide
2\widest\P1010816.JPG
  Remapped : no

--- Analyze Images ---
i0 : Analyzing image...
i1 : Analyzing image...
i2 : Analyzing image...
i3 : Analyzing image...
i4 : Analyzing image...
i5 : Analyzing image...
i6 : Analyzing image...
i7 : Analyzing image...
i8 : Analyzing image...
i9 : Analyzing image...
i10 : Analyzing image...
i11 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i12 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i13 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i14 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i15 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i16 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i17 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i18 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i19 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i20 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i21 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i22 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i23 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i24 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i25 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i26 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i27 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i28 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i29 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i30 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i31 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i32 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i33 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation
i34 : Analyzing image...
An error happened while loading image : caught exception: bad allocation

---

Thanks for making the program available, I hope there's something that can
be done about this problem!