Hello, I am a new user using version 2011.4.0

I have 12 images taken with a microscope, all overlapping with the same
magnification. As the sample is on a mechanical stage, Yaw, pitch and Z
(focal length of the microscope) should all be constant. In the optimizer
tab, I select custom parameters and set Yaw, Pitch, and Z to be unchecked.
I also uncheck the image that will be in the center of the panorama so that
the software will use it as the starting image. I have all images listed as
separate lenses. I run the optimizer and save the settings.

The program automatically generates suitable control points when I tell it
to align. However, when I reach the fast panorama preview, the resulting
image shows strong parallax, and is much narrower on the right side, even
when I select Mosaic and Cylindrical projection.

If I go back to the otimizer tab, all the settings have changed, and there
are now checks in the yaw and pitch columns, and none in the X Y and Z
columns.

What I want to get is a roughly rectangular stitched image; each image
should still be square to the observer. How do I ensure this happens?