Thanks, Bruno.
Yup, I can see that. It's interesting that different ways of
using/organizing the underlying tools definitely have their advantages.
Obviously I love Hugin. But in stitching that big Martian pano I see that
what works for a partial pano or on a full pano created from just 4-12 wide
angle images is very different from what might work well on a pano with
scores or hundreds of images. It stimulates me to think of ways the Hugin
UI could be arranged that might work in more situations.
Or perhaps there might be different variations on the preview window that
one might choose from.
For example I have started to see that I prefer using Harry's "ImageFuser"
for certain things.
And of course now I'm seeing how the command line might be desirable for
certain things.
And then there's scripting . . .
It's a buffet of choices, all with their tradeoffs.