On 10/30/2012 07:18 AM, Giulio wrote:
Il giorno sabato 27 ottobre 2012 12:39:53 UTC+2, Cartola ha scritto:

    I can't say what is wrong and I also use hugin 2011.04 with ubuntu
    12.10 using xubuntu in a core i5 with 2GB RAM. I could see it
    happened when you maximized the preview windows. You could try a
    workaround. Usually those crashes are associated with memory. Try to
    save the panorama before opening the preview window, then close and
    reopen hugin to see if this "cleans" the environment. Another try
    would be using different versions of hugin, instead of different
    linux versions.

I have tried again (this time with installed lubuntu 12.04 with the
radeon 9200) and it has crashed as soon as it completed the alignment
due to some gl error (the same as the strace of the previous time). I
also tried to install 2012.0 rc3 and nothing changes.

There is a sort of workaround, changing the preview from fast to
"normal", but this makes zooming the preview a bit uncomfortable.

Anyway i have the crash file (was created in /var/crash), in the next
days i'll upload it.

Thank you.

Hmm, I seem to recall someone on the list awhile back mentioning that it seemed to happen when the Fast Preview window was trying to do something with OpenGL before OpenGL had actually been initialized. Was that ever figured out?

On my laptop here, with Intel 855GM and the most current video driver from Sid, trying to Fast Preview simply makes Hugin vanish away. The workaround of disabling the Overview window doesn't make any difference.

The same Hugin version runs fine on my desktop, which has NVidia display hardware, so is using a different video driver.

--
Gnome Nomad
gnomeno...@gmail.com