Just to clarify:
The image capture is the onerous part. My old camera (Nikon CP4500) takes
forever to capture a TIFF (10-15 seconds between shots) I can capture
JPEGs, bracketed or not, in a burst and the resulting files are much
smaller than a single TIFF. In post porcessing on the compute,r the TIFFS
are not onerous.
John