Hello All,

I have a new camera and lens (Pentax K30-Sigma 18-200), and have been testing a few things. I find that Lensfun has two entries for this lens, I guess from different contributors.

If I do a stitch without using lensfun calibration, I get a max. error of 2.8 pix.
If I stitch using lensfun lens A, I get a max. error of 2.6 pix.
With lensfun lens B, I get a max. error of 3.75 pix.
I guess the errors are reasonable in all cases, but would one expect that sort of variation between lenses, assuming the calibration has been done properly?

Following on the above results, I thought it might be enlightening to do my my own lensfun calibration for this lens.
Reading the tutorial, the vignetting calibration looks a bit 'serious'...
        for each focal length
                for each aperture
                        for each distance
As I probably have about 7 focal lengths for this lens, and ?? apertures, the cases start to mount up. Is it really necessary to cover so many cases, or can hugin get by with a smaller sample?

Finally, what units is 'distance' in the lensfun database...I can't find a definition anywhere. I assume it is metres, but that could be wrong.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell