Gnome Nomad <gnomeno...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> IIRC, the problem was traced to the amount of memory available to
> enblend, or being used by enblend, (or something like that). I thought
> there was some setting in either Hugin or enblend that would increase
> that amount of memory?

If enblend is built with image-cache it should be able to handle big
images even with huge panos. If not, then the available amount of
memory on 32bit system can be a limiting factor.

Afaik Windows and Mac binaries often do not use image-cache, as it can
only be enabled if OpenMP (multi processor support) is disabled.

> I use Hugin (same version) on both 32-bit (w/2GB memory) and 64-bit
> (w/12GB memory) Linux, and haven't encountered the problem. But maybe my
> panos aren't big enough to be pushing the memory limits here.

At least on Debian/Ubuntu /usr/bin/enblend has image-cache enabled. (The
multi-processor aware /usr/bin/enblend-mp has not.)

cu andreas
so grateful to you.'