On Tue 14-May-2013 at 13:07 -0700, White Rabbit wrote:
On Monday, December 3, 2012 5:11:17 AM UTC-8, mph070770 wrote:
I'm picking up an old thread here but Wla's problem is similar to my
problem and I wonder if you can help.

I want to create a video panorama and I'm using 2 cameras to try out my
process. I have recorded the videos and split them into individual frames -
left0001.jpg / right0001.jpg and so on up to about
left0300.jpg/right0300/jpg. From the command line I rename each pair
left.jpg and right.jpg and run a batch script (the source_project.pto was
initially created in Hugin based upon the first 2 images
left0001.jpg/right0001.jpg renamed left.jpg/right.jpg and I manually
deleted the control points). I've tried numerous different approaches but
either the image cropping is different for each pair of stitched images (so
I can't rebuild the images into a video file again) or the control
points/stitching doesn't blend properly. I'm trying to find out exactly
what steps Hugin takes so that I can copy them on the command line. My
current settings are:

copy source_project.pto project.pto

cpfind.exe -o project.pto project.pto
cpclean.exe -o project.pto project.pto
linefind.exe -o project.pto project.pto
pto2mk -o project.pto.mk -p project project.pto
make -f project.pto.mk all clean

These are instructions for aligning and stitching a pair of photos on the command-line, but for stitching a video stream you only need to align one pair of photos in the Hugin GUI and use this .pto project as a template to stitch all the others.

Once you have a .pto project as a template, you can use it to process any other pair of similar images like so:

  nona -o temp template.pto left0123.jpg right0123.jpg

This creates two remapped images, called temp0001.tif and temp0002.tif. You can join them together with enblend:

  enblend --no-optimize -o 0123.jpg temp0001.tif temp0002.tif

The result is a single joined frame called 0123.jpg

Hope this helps, note that the same process should work for more than two cameras.

--
Bruno

--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "hugin and other free panoramic software" group.