Stefan Peter <s_pe...@swissonline.ch> wrote:
[...]
> I know, as usual I used the Debian 2.9.18 as a base for 2.9.19.

> However, at least when compiled under raring, the tests now fail.
> I'd be inclined to drop them if I didn't find that under x86_64, even
> the simpleStitch tests fail. There seems to be a problem in PTmender
> under x86_64:
> libpano.tst/tests/simpleStitch$ ../../tools/PTmender -o output temp.txt
> PTmender Version 2.9.19 , originally written by Helmut Dersch, rewritten
> by Daniel German
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Hello,
That is strange, I have just doublechecked, testsuite succeeds here on
Debian/unstable both ix86 and am64 with both gcc-4.7 and gcc-4.8.

> However, when I build PTMender with -g, the tests pass.
[...]

Doublestrange, afaik adding -g should not change the outcome. (unlike
-O0 /- O2) - Also the standard Ubuntu/Debian build uses -g.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'