On 08/03/2013 02:31 PM, John Eklund wrote:
Good idea. I saved the questionable masks, gaussian-blurred them with 64
pixels radius (2^6 should correspond to level 6) and reinserted them.
The results were exactly as I was hoping - a smooth transition that hid
the seam. If I used too large blur radius (tried up to 512) there were
problems when the original seams were too close to the edge of the image
(or image's alpha channel limits) so I had to be more generous when
masking unwanted parts. Some ghosting problems appeared peripherally but
I just cloned the good parts I needed into the old image. The same
examples as before now look like this improved:

http://www.elmuseum.se/temp/stitchseam1_maskblur64.jpg
http://www.elmuseum.se/temp/stitchseam2_maskblur64.jpg

Here are the final panoramas:

http://www.elmuseum.se/panorama/panorama.html?pano=asea_kulvert.xml

Hmm, tried to go there in FF22 and got error message:
"FATAL ERROR
./projections-contextmenu.xml - xml parsing failed!"

Got same error on the other XML link below.

(Nightmarish 4-hour photo session in pitch black culvert wearing
particulate mask. About 130 focus stacked half-minute exposures in
total. I was hell-bent on doing this as a personal challenge).

http://www.elmuseum.se/panorama/panorama.html?pano=vasteras_gamla_vattentorn.xml
(Seams not yet fixed here as of writing this but hardly visible in this
magnification anyway)

--
David W. Jones
gnomeno...@gmail.com