On Saturday, 21 September 2013 16:58:20 UTC-5, Ronald Waterbury wrote:

> I’ve just installed Hugin and am trying my first stitch job.  I went
> through the routine to stitch two jpeg photos but the final panoramic
> output has weird colors, almost as if it were shot at night with infrared,
> which it definitely was not.

You may be experience the mysterious enblend "ciecam on by default"
artefact.  It started for me when the Windows binary of 2013.beta1 [the
most recent precompiled windows version as far as I know] came out - I
can't use enblend at all with always forcing "--no-ciecam".  I'm a bit
surprised there are more people wondering about this, as finding the
workaround was not easy [one post on one listserv on the entire net as far
as google was concerned at the time] and the rendered output is usually
total garbage [nearly pitch-dark or with the strangest gamma curve I've
ever seen applied on purpose] without this option disabled [and the linux
version does exactly the same for me, too].

I suspected that in my case it might be occurring because I shoot RAW with
my camera set to use the AdobeRGB colour profile rather than sRGB [then use
16-bit TIFFs output from Lightroom or RawTherapee].. although even when I
shoot sRGB or convert profiles before images reach Hugin, it still does it
100% of the time since beta1.  Are you doing the same or similar?

Before rendering, open Hugin's preferences and go to the "programs" tab.
 In the "Enblend" section add "--no-ciecam" to the default arguments.  Then
try rendering and see if it's better or worse.

Cheers,

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/3ce976ef-7f26-4d17-8d4f-c4f88d74ab3f%40googlegroups.com.