On Sat 01-Mar-2014 at 01:58 -0800, Brandan wrote:
I am needing to make my panos into cubes. To do that I discovered panotools
and erect2cubic. I did one pano from the command line and it worked great.
The end user though is going to be a friend on a MAC who has almost no
computer knowledge and would not be comfortable with the command line.

Tonight, I spent way to long talking on the phone with my friend trying to
get the .bat file to work on her mac and kept having problems. Does anyone
else have experience with the mac equal to .bat files and panotools and
have any tips on how to get them set up?

I have no idea if the .bat file will work on a mac, the permissions you need for a script are 'executable' or '+x'

Failing that is there another simple way to ask Hugin to make a cube
instead of an equirectangular image or to convert one as erect2cubic does?

Here is a really simple shell script that ought to work on OS X, it doesn't rename the tif files, you need to put it in a text file and make it executable:

#!/bin/sh
TMP_PTO=/tmp/cube_project.pto
erect2cubic --erect="$1" --ptofile=$TMP_PTO
nona -o "$1" $TMP_PTO
rm $TMP_PTO

--
Bruno