I read the bug report, and admittedly I've never tried to change image
order as one on the posters suggests.

I often get this kind of artifact in Hugin.  For me it seems to occur when
there is too much overlap between adjacent photos or when making is
involved.  I find if I have too much overlap, adding a mask resolved the
problem.  If its a masking related issue then often changing the shape or
amount of area masked solves the problem.

I wonder if it could be related to small, but mathematically calculable
parallax error in the original photo set as it related to straight line
objects.  The blend errors I tend to have seem to cut off at areas like
yours did, the vertical line of the lamp shade, a curved object out of
plane to the larger planar background, the wall.

Cheers.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/4de1054f-5124-47c1-82e8-369c7389fbfe%40googlegroups.com.