Hello Brandon,

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 17:25:14 +1000, Brandon <bran...@flyingtsalers.com> wrote:

Here I have attached a different pano that I did a month ago that more
clearly shows the problem. I just now stitched the
attached pto file to make the Crater Lake pano which shows the problems.

The attached pto doesn't have any masks, so I'm guessing it is the pto for the version that stitched OK, as discussed in your EDIT, below.

When I was stitching a month ago I was using the version of enblend that
comes with hugin 2013. After another problem I updated to the newest
version of enblend 4.1.3 win64 version. I just stitched this one now and
still have the problem, so it appears to be on both versions of enblend.

I am running windows 7 on a desktop. My friend with windows 7 on a laptop
is the source of the image in my first post, so she has the problem as
well. That is the first time she has seen it and she has done 150+ panos.

For command line options this pano has
*-a --no-ciecam*

The --no-ciecam option shouldn't be needed with 4.1.3.

I have not tried multiblend on one of these projects

One thing that I am wondering about is the masks and if they are some how
causing the problems. But if they are, why does removing them from the
afflicted area not solve the problem and why is there problems on parts of the pano that have no masks. The black area on the cliff above me has and never had a mask. I just masked people and it took a lot of masks to get it right as there are 72 pictures to make the pano.

EDIT: I just took the problem pto file and removed every single mask
everywhere and restitched and it solved the problem. At some point I may go through removing masks a few at a time and see if I can figure this out. For anyone else who has this problem, look to your masks there seems to be a connection.

The masks may be the cause of the problem, not sure.
When I looked at the .pto you provided (no masks) I did find that were about 15 images with almost full overlap with other images. Here enblend threw an error "excessive overlap". The images I saw which looked like they had excessive overlap were 10,12,13,14,15,17,18,19,20,23,27,35,55,56,57. I would try using only the images necessary to give reasonable overlap and see how that stitches. Then start adding in masks as necessary. It might help isolate the problem to a subset of images that would make a smaller project for others to try to help with.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell