Thanks for all the good advice, folks.  I did get the slight misalignment
sorted out by adding a pair of CPs to the problem pair of images and
re-optimizing the entire project.  I guess the fact my subject was no
closer than about 8 km. made it possible for me to select CPs along the
edge of a fog bank in the lower third of the image where the misalignment
was most evident.  Parallax was also not an issue given the distance of my
subject.

The end result, for anyone that's interested, is on my Flickr page:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/relentless_pickle/16297543610/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/8b6317fb-c8ee-4f70-83c4-798875b3fc07%40googlegroups.com.