Hi Thomas!

T. Modes wrote on 12.02.15 17:55:
Hi Carl,

Am Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2015 16:07:50 UTC+1 schrieb zarl:

So... is there some sort of hugin roadmap that either drops or includes
lensfun? They just don't believe me.

In the default branch lensfun support was dropped and replaced with an
own implementation.
The cause for this change is the "instability" of the lensfun library.
The API is in continuous flow, features are added, renamed and maybe
deleted.
And also the behaviour of some functions changes between different
releases, and this without hint in the release notes or documentation.
(For a developer this is more difficult to debug. You have to check the
return values of each lensfun function, and this for each release.)
For a library which is mainly used by other programs (and rarely stand
alone) I find is very strange, but this is only my opinion.
I don't have the time to change Hugins code for each lensfun release,
otherwise the lensfun library does not work correctly. So I decided to
remove lensfun from Hugin.

Thanks for the clarification, that decision sounds very reasonable to me. No wonder the lensfun developers only respond with what I recognise as fuzzy phrases and avoid mentioning an application that will stop using their library in the next release... ;-)

Cheers,
Carl