Terry, I have no idea why you got the odd effects you saw in the example you attached to your post of Mon, 06 Apr 2015 at 16:27:23 +1000. I did find at one point that one of my constituent images suddenly vanished except for one corner. That proved to be because a crop had been incorporated, for no reason that I know of. I suppose that did not happen to you?

Nor do I know why using a single lens for your project might cause the two images to be recorded as of the same size, which I think is what you are telling us happened to you.

It did not happen to me with the pto I submitted. I have also tried an example with an old central-viewpoint stitch where I resized one image to 50% of its original size. The sizes were correctly recorded (in the Photos tab) but there was a problem. The halved image was given its own lens with a reduced field-of-view, which suggests the size was treated as fixing the field-of-view. The stitch was messed up until the field-of-view was put right, either in its own lens or by merging that lens into the one used for the non-resized images. I rather think one needs to be wary about using automatic procedures where the images are of different sizes.

Roger Broadie