T. Modes wrote on 31.05.15 11:14:
Hello Romain

Am Sonntag, 31. Mai 2015 10:24:41 UTC+2 schrieb Romain P:

 I recently started using Hugin with great results. One thing I
 haven't found is how to control finely how the blend between two
 pictures happen. The best I seem to be able to do is control the
 location (more or less) using masks. But what I would like is to be
 able to decide whether it should be an "abrupt" or a "long"
 transition. Typically, over water, a very gradual transition between
 two picture would be more seamless.
 Is there a way to do this with hugin and the provided tools?

No, this is not possible. Enblend (which is used by Hugin for the
blending step) is using a multi-resolution approach (see
http://enblend.sourceforge.net/details.htm for more details) and not a
simple blending of two images. Therefore you can not define a single
seam width.

As a workaround you can also output "remapped images" and use them in an image editor like GIMP or Photoshop to manually edit seams in difficult areas of the panorama. Depending on the image editor it might be a good idea to set Processing: Remapper: ... options to *not* save cropped images.