From: Harry van der Wolf <hvdw...@gmail.com>
To: hugin-ptx@googlegroups.com <hugin-ptx@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sun 09 Aug 2015 11:56:04
Subject:  Re: [hugin-ptx] Hugin 2015.0.0 crashes in Windows 10.

I'm still on windows 7 as I wanted to build Hugin in an "old, stable,
trusted" environment.

If you used the installer (or the 7zip) you will find inside your hugin
folder the share folder. Go down to "share\hugin\xrc\data". In there you
will find the "hugin_help_en_EN.chm" help file. That's the help file in
windows help format. If you double-click that file from the file manager,
does it open or do you get an error as well?

Secondly: Is your hugin set to English or Dutch (or some other language)?
If it is not set to English, can you do that from the preferences, restart
hugin, and try one more time to open the help from the menu?

The Hugin 2014 and 2015 on windows are built in shared mode. The 2013 and
older are built as static versions.

Harry

I upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit.
Now I found that Hugin 2015.0.0 crashes when clicking in the help menu on
the following items.

1 Help  F1
2 Keyboard shortcuts
3 Frequent asked questions.

Hugin closes and I get a message if they found a solution.

Tested it with Hugin 2014. The same happens.
Tested it with Hugin 2013. Everything is OK.

Creating pano's works as far as I've tested.
On windows 7 64 bits everything worked OK.

Seems a compatibility problem from Hugin with Windows 10.
Found further that Hugin 2013 hardly has no *.dll files in the binary
folder, but since version 2014 a lot.
Could that be the cause or a clue for the problem?
Have other people with Windows 10 that problem too?

Kind regards,
Henk Tijdink

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/9d245a8c-f73e-45d4-bb4d-17628986d2ca%40googlegroups.com
<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/9d245a8c-f73e-45d4-bb4d-17628986d2ca%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>