Am Samstag, 31. Oktober 2015 23:31:36 UTC+1 schrieb Groogle:

> OK, I'm a Microsoft novice, but how do I start it?  I've tried holding
> down the Ctrl key and clicking on the icon on the root window, and
> also from the start menu.  In each case Hugin starts, but the fast
> panorama preview is still disabled.

When starting Hugin with pressed ctrl key you should get a dialog with the
option to enable or disable the OpenGL part.
It should not matter how you start Hugin, as long as you hold the ctrl key.

> Reinstall.  This time it runs and produces a completely broken
> panorama.  The test images I'm using here are at
> http://www.lemis.com/grog/tmp/20151031/, and 00---07.pto is the PTO
> file generated by the Microsoft version.

The pto file refer to images "00" to "07" without extension. But your
example files are named  "house-n-9mm-x.jpeg".
I tested with these images and with the Hugin version from sourceforge on
Windows. All works okay with your images.
Maybe the missing extension make some trouble?

PS:
> I've already noted that the highlighting of individual images in the fast
panorama preview went away,
No, it is still there. But it is deactivated by default. Press the ctrl key
and move over the panorama or activate the identify tool on the preview tab.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/03f35033-9b33-4aea-aaef-9371da2e03e7%40googlegroups.com.