Used to use Linux Mint. They're official advice to people wanting to
migrate from one version to a newer one is: re-install, do not use
dist-upgrade.

Glad the OP's Hugin is working now!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/CAHuCaacGvO%3Dm4DkMVw9EBSXXxu18sDu1dMs1fkfrxz7KCheSNA%40mail.gmail.com.