On Thursday, 22 September 2016 at  6:34:15 -0700, Michael Havens wrote:

> On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 11:30:02 PM UTC-4, Groogle wrote:
>>
>> I'm sure that much of your issues relate to the fact that you write
>> your reply away from what you're replying to.  In case it's my
>> terminology, that recommendation is to leave the temporary directory
>> specification empty (default).
>
> Now we are running in circles. If I do that the intermediate files created
> while stitching fill up the root partition.

Do they?  So far you have presented no evidence.

> No problem though.  I'll just do as was suggested and fin control
> points with the "temporary directory specification empty (default)"
> and then set the "temporary directory specification" to the larger
> directory that can handle the intermediate files created while
> stitching.

That's exactly what I'm asking you not to do.

On Thursday, 22 September 2016 at 13:13:12 -0700, Michael Havens wrote:
> Okay, I just started a big pano with the custom temp directory set to
> default and here is ls -l /tmp and ls -l in the directory where all of the
> intermediate files are being put when I run out of disk space (like ya all
> said the intermediate files go in the directory the images are in:

I don't see anything.

> a side note- I had to leave for work so I left it running figuring it would
> just pause when I got the notice that disk space was low. I got home and
> the panorama was complete. So it looks as if I found a bug that in my case
> did not matter. Anyways here is the outputs of ls -l after I restart
> stitching and wait for the low disk space error to occur I also did df for
> the drives too:

This, too, is missing.

On Thursday, 22 September 2016 at 14:39:31 -0700, Michael Havens wrote:

> Sorry, i thought my mouse froze after the large pano so I flipped
> off the computer but I was messing with the wrong mouse!  (I guess
> I'll take the dead mouse off of my desk) In any case do you need
> that information I was going to give you?

If you mean the information you referred to above, definitely.  So far
there's no evidence that anything is wrong with Hugin.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
Finger g...@freebsd.org for PGP public key.